Managed hosting is an IT service in which a hosting provider takes care of all server and networking needs including the managing, monitoring and maintaining of the complete environment along with any hardware procurement needs. The end user would only pay a flat monthly fee and perhaps set up costs depending on the agreement.
The Advantages of Managed Hosting:
- Cost – There is no need to purchase the expensive equipment to host data and applications or to hire the talent to set-up, maintain and manage it.
- The hardware is guaranteed – If the hardware reaches end of life or fails for any reason the service provider will repair or replace without any additional cost to the customer.
- Maintenance and updates are included – if anything goes wrong or needs routine management, there is no extra cost. (It’s like having all your petrol, regular oil change and check-ups included when you lease a new car.)
- Server monitoring included – The system can be configured to flag any potential issues to avoid faults and down time.
- Space – All hardware is hosted off site freeing up valuable space.
- Server Security – a priority for any business and covers various aspects of security, including:
- Security audits
- OS updates
- Spam filtering
- Software and firewall configuration
- Virus scanning
- Managed storage – Flexible, additional storage can easily be added.
- Managed database – Specific skills are needed to maintain a resilient server network which will all be included in the overall cost of the service, saving money in the long run.
- Backups – Avoid loss of data which can occur through human error, cyber-attacks or natural disasters.
Specific Business Benefits:
- Customised to meet your needs – No network is one size fits all, your solution can be tailored to the specific needs of your business.
- Reduced operating costs – No need to hire extra help or pay premium prices when things go wrong when manage server systems.
- Saves time and money – Handing over the day to day running of your network to a reputable managed service provider can free up precious time to focus on the core of the business.